The Glenroy Community Hub, designed by DesignInc Architects, will provide the Glenroy community with a welcoming, nature-inspired environment to learn, grow, and celebrate.
The Hub will become the new home for:
- Glenroy Library.
- The Glenroy Memorial Kindergarten.
- Maternal child health services.
- A community health provider
- Neighbourhood learning and childcare services.
The co-location of these community services will provide greater service offerings and social opportunities to the Glenroy community.
The Glenroy Community Hub will demonstrate Council's commitment to world-leading, sustainable design. The Hub may be the first community centre in Australia to be Passive House-certified. This means that the Hub will have a high standard of environmental performance including low-energy use and high-comfort to support the health and well-being of users.
Project update - November 2020
Construction is progressing well on site as the Glenroy Community Hub takes shape. Activities completed include:
- A significant milestone has been reached with all concrete slabs poured for the main building;
- The Hub is taking shape as structural steel is being installed throughout the site;
- The 150,000 litre rain water tank is being installed beneath the car park. The water from these tanks will be used for amenity flushing and irrigation of the centre’s gardens;
- Structural timber walls will begin to be installed;
- The heritage bike shed’s transformation in to a public toilet and community garden storage shed continues with timber cladding installed and internal services works;
- The lift shaft has been erected and the staircase installed to level 1;
- Electrical services installation begins.
Project Update – December 2020
Construction is progressing well on site with the following activities completed: