The Wheatsheaf Community Hub, designed by DesignInc Architects, will provide the Glenroy community with a welcoming, nature-inspired environment to learn, grow, and celebrate.
The Hub will become the new home for:
- Glenroy Library.
- The Glenroy Memorial Kindergarten.
- Maternal child health services.
- A community health provider
- Neighbourhood learning and childcare services.
The co-location of these community services will provide greater service offerings and social opportunities to the Glenroy community.
The Wheatsheaf Community Hub will demonstrate Council's commitment to world-leading, sustainable design. The Hub may be the first community centre in Australia to be Passive House-certified. This means that the Hub will have a high standard of environmental performance including low-energy use and high-comfort to support the health and well-being of users.
Project update - July 2020
- Construction is
progressing well on site with following activities scheduled for the month:
- Inground services installation continues;
- Detailed excavation of footings continuing;
- Formwork and reinforced steel will be installed and the ground will be prepared for the sit concrete slab pour;
- Partial demolition of the existing building is complete with concrete floor slab to be poured;
- We note there will be increased level of noise and local traffic associated with the concrete works.