Planning has started to improve the Fawkner Merri Parklands. Council is developing a Plan for this 71 hectare parkland corridor along the Merri Creek between Moomba Park in the north and Parker Reserve in the south (see Map).
We are seeking you ideas and stories about the Fawkner Merri Parklands to improve the space, and ensure there is strong community connection and utilisation of the area.
Potential elements could include, for example:
- New playgrounds, exercise stations and drinking fountains
- BBQs and picnic facilities, paths, creek crossings, seating, shelters and toilets
- Nature conservation, revegetation and weed removal, nature trails, wetlands, way finding & interpretative signage
- Improved active recreation spaces and facilities
- Community market gardens
- Meeting rooms and facilities
We would like to hear about your experiences in these parklands and get your feedback on how to improve them. Based on this feedback, we will develop a detailed, costed and prioritised 10-year Fawkner Parklands Plan that will then go out to the community for consultation.
Join the conversation!