West Street in Brunswick is one of the first locations for a brand new park to be delivered as part of our program: A Park Close to Home.
The land of this new park includes 1,3,5 ,7, 11 West Street and 29,31 Breese Street in Brunswick.
After completing a number of drop-in sessions and surveys with the local community, we have gathered ideas and suggestions and developed a draft Concept Plan for what the new park will look like.
Some of the key features of the new park include:
- Trees and plants.
- Nature and adventure play elements.
- Gardens for community use with composting and worm farm facilities.
- Indigenous plantings and art, such as sculptures.
- A sheltered barbecue area, drink bottle refill stations, bike parking, toilets and seating.
- Water sensitive urban design elements.