In 2019 we worked closely with the local community to implement the 2018 Master Plan Refresh for the redevelopment of Fleming Park, and improvements are underway!
Fleming Park is a popular recreation reserve in the Brunswick East area. It is heavily used by locals for dog walking, children's play, community meetings and formal sporting activities.
The redevelopment of the park includes:
- Re-purposing the Grandstand to include seating and overall beautification.
- Upgrades to the existing Community Hall and Bocce Club building.
- A new multipurpose female friendly sports pavilion that complies with various sports and disability access requirements.
- New public amenities including family friendly facilities.
- A new multi-court and reinstated car park.
- Safety improvement between the bike path and children's play area.
- Landscape improvements throughout the park.
Project update - January 2021
- Main works Town Planning application is being assessed for approval.
- Main works design is being finalised and a Request for Tender will be issued to the market by 16 January 2021 for a competitive tender process to seek for an experienced contractor to deliver the project.
- Grandstand construction is underway and the building is anticipated to be completed the first quarter of 2021.
- Minor interruption are present to park users from Grandstand construction due to the statutory safe work zone requirement for a safe and secure construction process, the park is still available for general public enjoyment.