Douglas Reserve playspace and park upgrade
Council’s Open Space team are upgrading the play space and park infrastructure at Douglas Reserve, East Brunswick, completing before June 2021.
Consultation on the Draft Concept Plan closed end February 2021. Using your feedback we have refined the design to reflect community feedback as much as possible.
This final design includes:
- Upgraded playspace offering climbing, balancing, spinning, rocking and swinging for a range of ages, themed around nature. The majority of materials are using timber and ropes. The softfall mulch is retained using logs and timber steppers
- Gathering space provided near the Weston Street side, including a timber chainsaw sculpture of gum nuts with seating, logs, rocks and infill native planting in mulched garden bed
- Repainted electrical cabinet by street artist themed around fl ora and fauna
- Tuscan Topping gravel paths through the reserve and to the playspaces
- Additional native feature trees and shrubs in existing and proposed garden beds for colour and interest
- Retention of the recently installed community garden bed and all existing trees
- Two pedestrian gates provided on eastern side of reserve, leaving western entries with the concete path open. If required the two western side gates can be added later.
The Open Space Team are now completing detailed design/tendering.