How can we better manage dogs and cats in Moreland?
Darebin City Council, Moreland City Council and Whittlesea City Council are working together to engage with and hear from the community about your views on animal management. We will use your feedback to help develop a Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) for Moreland.
Consultation has started, and we want to hear from you!
Domestic Animal Management Plans
The Domestic Animal Management Plan sets out how we manage dogs and cats.It aims to promote responsible pet ownership and the welfare of cats and dogs in the community, whilst protecting the community and environment from nuisance cats and dogs.
Why is this project important?
- To encourage responsible pet ownership to minimise the risk of dog attacks on people and animals.
- To encourage pet owners to register their dogs and cats so their animal can be easily identified.
- So Council has an effective way to identify dangerous dogs, menacing dogs and restricted breed dogs to keep the community safe.
- To investigate ways to reduce the chance for dogs and cats to create a nuisance.
- To review ideas to prevent over-population and high euthanasia (putting to permanent sleep) rates of domestic animals.
- To help pet owners to take responsibility for their animal’s behaviour.
Ways you can have your say:
We consulted with the community via pop up sessions and a survey. The survey closed 29 April 2021.
We are currently reviewing the results and developing a draft Plan, which will go out to public exhibition in September 2021.
Why are we doing this?
We will use our Domestic Animal Management Plan to set rules for managing dogs and cats and helping the community to play their part as pet owners responsibly. This will also direct how Council will invest its time and resources, and how we will support the management of domestic animals and the safety and wellbeing of the wider community.
|Name||Language Link - العربية|
Για να μάθετε περισσότερα γι’ αυτό το έργο στη γλώσσα σας, καλέστε το Language Link. Θα συνδεθείτε με διερμηνέα και μπορείτε να ζητήσετε να μιλήσετε με το Τμήμα Εξυπηρέτησης Πελατών.
|Name||Language Link - Ελληνικά|
Η υπηρεσία διερμηνείας του Γλωσσικού Συνδέσμου παρέχεται δωρεάν.
Per avere maggiori informazioni su questo progetto in italiano, chiama Language Link. Ti metteranno in collegamento con un interprete e potrai chiedere di parlare con il Servizio utenti.
|Name||Language Link - Italiano|
Il servizio di interpretariato di Language Link è gratuito.