Last year, we heard from many in our community about what we should spend our money on.
We’ve listened to this feedback and now, we have put together a draft Council Budget for your review and feedback.
Submissions on the draft Budget are open until 5.00pm, Thursday 11 June 2020.
You can also call us at one of our scheduled Phone-in Sessions to ask us questions or let us know what you think about the draft Budget.
A hearing of submissions received will be held at a Council meeting on 15 June 2020.
OUR RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
We’ve had to take into consideration the COVID-19 pandemic and the significant impact it has had on our revenue and the community.
To help our community during this time, we’ve adopted a Financial Hardship Policy, which includes deferral of rates without interest; waived registration fees for food premises, fee relief for businesses and sports clubs, rent relief for most Council tenants, and turned off parking meters for the duration of the State of Emergency. Despite these financial constraints, we are committed to responding to the pandemic, and equally committed to continuing delivery of critical council services.
Some highlights of our draft budget include:
- $1.2 million recovery and rebuild package in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- $24.4 million for infrastructure such as roads, footpaths, bike paths, drains and open space.
- $16 million for construction of the Wheatsheaf Community Hub in Glenroy
- $3.2 million for the creation of new parks in Moreland in dense urban areas
- $2.2 million for renovation of the Coburg City Oval grandstand and pavilion
- $1.3 million for 2 hard waste collections per year
- $1 million for implementing Zero Carbon Moreland
View the draft Council Budget 2020/21
This draft document sets out how rates and charges will be applied to rateable land under the Local Government Act.
This document sets out how fees and charges will be applied for Council services.
This document sets out how to achieve financial sustainability while providing resources to deliver the Council Plan.
This document sets out the next financial year budget.