Coburg City Oval is a popular destination for sport and leisure in Moreland, and we're working to make it even better.
Over the next two years we'll transform the Coburg City Oval into a multi-purpose sporting pavilion to provide a broader variety of sporting and social offerings.
The existing historically significant pavilion building will be upgraded to improve safety and accessibility. Features include:
- New improved entrance and foyer to the pavilion including lift access to the upper levels;
- Redevelopment of sporting facilities on the ground floor to meet football and cricket sporting facilities requirements;
- Female friendly umpires and players change rooms;
- Improvements to Level 1 pavilion amenities in line with disability access and mobility standards;
- Introduction of new family friendly public amenities including baby change facilities;
- New social space on Level 2 of the pavilion including a kitchenette;
- Reconfiguration of the Grandstand.
Project update - July 2020
Construction is well underway onsite with the following works happening:
- Demolition works are nearing completion with the existing structures being strengthened.
- The grandstand seating has been removed and some of the seats have been salvaged for future reuse
- Authority works are in progress with both sewer and electrical services upgraded through the public carpark; works along Page Street for new water connection are scheduled to commence in August.
- In ground services on ground floor are continuing with the first concrete slab is scheduled to be poured next month.