Coburg City Oval is a popular destination for sport and leisure in Moreland, and we're working to make it even better.
Over the next two years we'll transform the Coburg City Oval into a multi-purpose sporting pavilion to provide a broader variety of sporting and social offerings.
The existing historically significant pavilion building will be upgraded to improve safety and accessibility. Features include:
- New improved entrance and foyer to the pavilion including lift access to the upper levels;
- Redevelopment of sporting facilities on the ground floor to meet football and cricket sporting facilities requirements;
- Female friendly umpires and players change rooms;
- Improvements to Level 1 pavilion amenities in line with disability access and mobility standards;
- Introduction of new family friendly public amenities including baby change facilities;
- New social space on Level 2 of the pavilion including a kitchenette;
- Reconfiguration of the Grandstand.
Project update - July 2020
Construction is progressing well on site with following activities scheduled for the month:
- Ground floor concrete slabs have been poured;
- Structural steelwork to be installed followed by new brickwork to the new buildings;
- The lift shaft works are continuing;
- Structural steelwork and suspended concrete slab on Level 1 are continuing;
- Yarra Valley Water work for new water connection to Sydney Road via Russell & Page Street to commence and be completed;
- Jemena work including a new pillar on Russell street to commence.