Coburg City Oval is a popular destination for sport and leisure in Moreland, and we're working to make it even better.
Over the next two years we'll transform the Coburg City Oval into a multi-purpose sporting pavilion to provide a broader variety of sporting and social offerings.
The existing historically significant pavilion building will be upgraded to improve safety and accessibility. Features include:
- New improved entrance and foyer to the pavilion including lift access to the upper levels;
- Redevelopment of sporting facilities on the ground floor to meet football and cricket sporting facilities requirements;
- Female friendly umpires and players change rooms;
- Improvements to Level 1 pavilion amenities in line with disability access and mobility standards;
- Introduction of new family friendly public amenities including baby change facilities;
- New social space on Level 2 of the pavilion including a kitchenette;
- Reconfiguration of the Grandstand.
Project update - May 2020
Redevelopment of the pavilion commenced in March 2020.
Site amenities have been installed with service infrastructure works underway and internal demolition soon to commence.
The below image was taken prior to the above works being undertaken and before our Open Space team commnced refurbishment of the oval.