As community consultation event planned for Saturday 29 May was cancelled owing to the Covid lockdown and continued restrictions on numbers, Council is now offering online consultation sessions to complete consultation for Cardinal Road Reserve, prior to commencing detailed design.
The two sessions are:
- Friday 25 June 2021 4:30-5pm OR
- Monday 28 June 2021 4:30-5pm.
If you have a particular question on the revised concept plan for Cardinal Road Reserve, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org before midday Friday 25 June:
- Your email address for the invite
- Your question related to the revised concept plan for Cardinal Road Reserve
- Which of the two sessions offered you would like to attend.
We will then invite you to one of the Microsoft Teams online events and can respond to your question. **
Council has purchased 132-134 Cardinal Road in Glenroy which we will transform into a new park for the local community to enjoy.
The Initial Consultation closed on 23 December 2020, the draft concept plan on 30 April 2021.
We’ve listened to your feedback on the draft concept plan and have incorporated this in the Revised Concept Plan.
Please review this revised design and let us know whether this reflects your ideas before 5pm Monday 31 May 2021.
Key changes we have made in response to your feedback include:
- Increased amount of contiguous green space (garden bed and lawn areas) from 764.1m² to 786.7m²
- Included more trees and garden beds
- Allowing for native wildflower species as well as proposed native grassy woodland species
- Reduced the amount of hard surfacing (swapped some of the concrete paving for gravel paving as requested)
- Reduced fitness equipment stations to one station focused on upper body strength
- Amended some of the play equipment to allow for younger children (in addition to equipment still supporting older children)
- Added a shade sail over the junior play equipment
- Included textured rubber for the junior play area in place of the textured rubber 'buttons'.